Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Blood Lust = Otherworld!

The Multiverse review of Blood Lust by Jessica L Degarmo:



In my opinion, Vampire stories are now so rife, they seem to have lost both the ability to shock and entertain. It’s akin to a snooze-fest due to the glut of tales available. Having said that, there are a few I do read, but this has more to do with the authors themselves and their ability to spin a good yarn than with the content, and I include amongst those the brilliant Anne Rice and the super-talented Poppet.

Upon the prompt of our book club, it was with some trepidation that I began reading Blood Lust. I already knew Degarmo as a good writer, but this was a vampire story- how different could it possibly be in order to stand up and be counted?

Let me put it this way: Jessica L Degarmo has now joined my list of vampire-must-read-authors!

Blood Lust grabbed my attention immediately and held it through to the end. It is a no frills and fuss story. It is gritty and real and moves along at a pace guaranteed to take the reader along for a ride. There are no fancy forests- we are in gangland and crime is the focus. Imagine crime bosses with vampires as their weapons, and imagine what control it must take for a human to ‘tame’ a vampire, and you will want to read Blood Lust. I hate spoilers in reviews and thus won’t reveal much of the story itself, but I have to tell you Nexess is badass and you will love her!

Blood Lust does shock and entertain…yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment