Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

'I may need therapy after this'

Review: House of Valla
by
Poppet


It has been a while since I read the first book in this series. I must admit I procrastinated because of time constraint, as these books are long, and I'd forgotten just how long.

It was with enthusiasm that I started reading, sucked back into the drama of the humans and golden glowing lumin Vallorians fighting the dark evil of the Darak Or.

In book 1, we met Rain, and it's around him that this entire tale pivots. he is gorgeous, otherworldly, and in this installment he comes to his full awareness. In this book we find out just how potent Rain is (haha that sounds like such a pun). I wish I could tell you so much more but I hate spoilers. But I do think the blurb for this book doesn't do it any credit at all. This is an epic novel, so alike to the first fantasy author Tolkien, in that it leaves nothing out. It is a vivid construction of alien landscapes, races, sorcery and magic, all blended to help you fall into the hologram and live this book while you read it. And I am horribly emotionally invested in Rain's future and all that haunts him.

This is a book sizzling with magic, both dark and light, the unveiling of holy site after holy site in a bid to...


Read more: Amazon and Smashwords 

(Thank you, Poppet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment