Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dialogue with Rees



Rees

(Blue spoke to many Valarians in the week following the drowning and destruction of Galilan, Valaris’ capital city. After, when she collated her notes, she realised she had spoken to Rain’s sister)


Blue: Hello! Forgive the interruption, but I’m moving from plot to plot informing people where to find food and fresh water. Have you been told?

Rees: You’re welcome. Come closer. We’re aware of the relief centres, yes, but I overheard others asking…you’d have to keep moving and keep asking.

Blue: I’ll do so. ‘We’? You have others with you? Are you coping?

Rees: A friend and her husband stay with me…my m-mother didn’t…we found her in the cellar with…sorry.

Blue: I’m sorry, too. What’s your name?

Rees: Rees…yes, after the priest.

Blue: Ha! Who named you? I’m guessing your father.

Rees: Yes! And my brother Rain still teases me about it!

Blue: Where is he? Will he be joining you? Um, do you know if he…?

Rees: Rain was here earlier, thank God. He’s fine, doing his thing. What’s your name?

Blue: Blue…but don’t ask me why! I’m only glad it isn’t ‘Green’ or ‘Pink’!

Rees: I’ll bet! And do you have somewhere to stay in all this?

Blue: I do, thank you…it will get better, I hope you know that. Sooner than we can believe right now.

Rees: I hope so. Thanks. I suppose you must be on your way. Good to meet you, and good luck.

Blue: Luck to you also.



No comments:

Post a Comment